“Talk Now”, a software for learning languages
Want to learn a foreign language quickly, but bored with reading the usual text/course materials? The AV Language Library announces a fun and interactive way of learning a foreign language!
Starting this month, you’ll be able to sit at any of the computers in the Self study room and learn at your own pace. Click on the EuroTalk icon on the desktop and select the language you wish to learn. Features include:
– Nine topics: first words, food, colours, phrases, parts of the body, numbers, time, shopping and countries.
– A record/playback facility: enables you to practise your pronunciation and compare it to that of a native speaker.
– Two quiz levels: test what you’ve learned, earn points and monitor your progress.
– Memory Games: to improve your knowledge of key vocabulary.
– Intelligent Software: remembers words you get wrong and targets your weak points.
I signed in as “Librarian”, where my scores and progress would be recorded. Records are carried over from session to session, so that you can see how well you are doing and what you already know. A great feature of Talk Now! is the ability to sign in under individual names and sign back on from session to session.
You can also work your way through four game-like quizzes at increasingly difficult levels that test how well you are able to remember the words and phrases that has been presented. Another great feature is the programme actually remembers your weak points and honed in on them so you can have a chance to have additional practice if you wish to do so.
The programme is fast-paced, interesting, and best of all, helps you remember what you’ve learnt through many pictures and graphics.
So what are you waiting for? Come and visit your Language Library to start learning! 🙂